Monday, January 10, 2011

Today I walked past a sandwhich...

Now most of you, upon reading that, would think of something like this...
 ...which would make sense, because I misled you. I actually walked past a guy dressed as a Subway sandwich. The reason this was a memorable experience is because I made eye-contact (by which I mean I looked into the googly sandwich eyes) about a halfblock away from him. Then had to keep walking toward him, trying to act cool and not smile. And googly sandwich eyes are like eyes in a painting, they follow you anywhere and never blink. It was extremely uncomfortable. Then right at the last second I looked up and he gave me the saddest, most timid little sandwich wave that made me feel as if I may have discouraged him by looking at him and then away trying not to smile. I waved back not knowing what else to do.
Unfortunately I was buying a cup of coffee and turning around to go to the bus stop, so I walked past him again (he was a slow walker). This time I avoided interacting.




An insight into things that have an impact on me.... :)

3 comments:

  1. hahaha! Dan! hello! i discovered your blog through project 52...which i recently joined.

    this is so funny...and i can totally picture it happening, too!

    miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great. This sort of thing happens to me all the time. Getting stopped in a traffic jam right next to the dancing guy from the car-wash. He's dancing his heart out, and his eyes meet mine. For the next five minutes I'm dodging these looks that to him say "I'm awesome, come get your car washed" but to me, they're saying "this dance is for you, man." And it's bad. So bad

    ReplyDelete